Wednesday, August 24, 2011

EXCLUSIVE Interview: Leather Leone back after over 15yrs in Sledge/Leather



After becoming a legendary singer in the 80s with Chastain, and releasing a solo record called "Shockwaves", Leather Leone unfortunately vanished from the music scene. I found her, she is singing again with her old partner in metal Sandy Sledge. They are on the verge of unleashing a live DVD to the masses, I chatted with Leather about her long layoff and upcoming projects. For more information go to http://www.sledgeleather.com or blast to them on facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/sledge/Leather#!/SledgeLeatherProject

Danny: Why did you stop performing after your “Shockwaves” solo record?

Leather: After “Shockwaves “we did “For those Who Dare” tour.  No offers at that time for me!

Danny: Any regrets about the long layoff?

Leather: Never any regrets. Good for nothing! I'm here now!

Danny: I know you always loved animals, has working in an animal hospital
made you more grounded, and relaxed?

Leather: Working with animals like music a natural for me but relaxing,   NO!!!!!!!!!!  I did a lot of Pit Bull work, my other passion!

Danny: Any thoughts of singing again before 2010? Did you keep your voice in
shape, by practicing?

Leather: As far as staying in shape  my friends tell me to sing all the time,  but don't be fooled I started my old regime of running and scales months before working with Sledge/Leather

Danny: You told me Dio's death inspired you to continue singing, what are
some of the other motivating factors?

Leather: Nothing inspired me more than Ronnies passing  But all of you, who are still there after 20 years. I need to say say Thank u!

Danny: How did you get in touch with Sandy Sledge? Or was there a constant
communication?

Leather: I  have never lost touch with Sledge, She knows my pattern,talent and beliefs

Danny: Very cool idea with a live Sledge/Leather DVD coming out, how was that
decision formulated instead of a standard CD or itunes release?

Leather: The DVD has just come first. We are planning a CD.

Danny: Do you find Europe is more receptive to Sledge/Leather than the
states at this point?

Leather: Not sure about European response verses USA, just landed in Germany and it was f-ing crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank u Germany!
 
Danny: I know you did the 2011 Keep It True Festival, any more prospects for
live shows in 2011-2012? A tour?

Leather: We are working on all of the above, not sure of the dates. Touring, recording, Coming to your house for breakfast !  We are coming for you!!!!!!!!! (Leather is coming not sure to be scared or excited haha=Danny)

Danny: Great to have you back on the scene, are there any words you have to
your fans and the metal community in General?

Leather: Sledge/leather happy to be back with you! Metal up! Go to our official site!
 
         dREAM eVIL                    
 
                                 Love u Danny !!    

Finally Check out the Youtube link to the Live DVD trailer @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-IMq6PWXsM   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment