Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Omissions and Needless To Say @ The Talent Farm Fanfest -Concert Review- Danny Shamon

The local heavy scene is alive and well with diversity. With over 30 bands during the three day festival, a pavilion set up outside, hot dog stand, and even a dunk tank, concert goers enjoyed a whirlwind of music from a variety of styles of heaviness ranging from death metal to progressive. I did bring my camera, but with a full memory card I opted to just enjoy the show and cover it it written form.

I did enjoy all of the performances I saw, but two bands caught my eye and ear. Omissions, played their metal/hardcore blend and added a bit of extra energy onstage. Vocalist Renato's calm demeanor offstage turned into a ball of maniacal, earth shattering aggression as soon as he grabbed the mic. Solid dual guitar work from Justin and Javi made the smooth transition flow from song to song during their set. Since I have seen Omissions several times, I knew what to expect, and am never disappointed by their live performances. Omissions is a must watch South Florida band, and their song "Wolf in The Woods" is gathering momentum and currently can be heard on Metal Messiah Radio @ http://www.metalmessiahradio.com.

For more information check out Omissions offical facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/omissions

My surprise of the evening was the progressive metal band Needless To Say. Their set brought me back to the 80s when soaring leads were the norm, and Jul Z on vocals added an air of passion and emotion. There were some death metal growls behind her provided by one of the guitarist and drummer Trey. This band was very tight live obviously well rehearsed, and moved fluidly onstage. The songs are long and entertaining to listen to. This is a great live band with many intricate chord changes and musical progressions.

After their set I chatted with vocalist Julia (Jul Z) about her influences and she told me that the main influence is Avenged Sevenfold, but they listen to and respect Steve Vai, Iron Maiden, and Dio! She also told me that the band was started when she was just 16! At 19 she displays maturity beyond her years, and all of the members have a firm grasp on the music business in addition to their musicianship. Keep reading my next report for a review of their 5 song Ep!

For more information on Needless To Say like them on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/NeedlessToSayfl

After liking Needless To Say on Facebook check the link below for a great live shot of Needless To Say at The Talent Farm taken by Fabio Rguez!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=274751739207636&set=o.266003490648&type=1




No comments:

Post a Comment