Sunday, August 14, 2011

Welcome all to my new music blog!

Dan's Movie Report will link directly to Dan's Music Report. Both sites are run directly by me Danny (Templegod) Shamon. I plan, in the coming months to do updates at least once a week, with new music reviews and interviews with artists.

My favorite styles are hard rock and heavy metal, and this blog will focus on those. As a writer, I have written for five music magazines in the past Zazz 1985-1988, The Wild Rag-1987-1988, Tampa bay Spike-1993, Revelations 1989-1990,and Jam -1991-1994. Jam Magazine had a circulation of 70,000 every other week in the early 90s and was distributed in almost every rock club in the state of Florida. All have ceased to exist. I always have a special place in my heart for 80s metal, because that is what I listened to and wrote about.

First up will be an interview with Ex Chastain singer Leather Leone, who has a new material out with Sandy Sledge. Sledge/Leather is the name and a website set up @ http://sledgeleather.com


Pic is of Leather and I in 1990, after Chastain "For Those Who Dare" concert tour stop in Florida. Photo: J. Blade

Leather has just recently got back into the music scene and after almost two decades away, it is time for another interview! Stay tuned to Dan's Music Report for the interview and Dan's Movie Report for the Sledge/Leather DVD review! Most importantly stay metal!

No comments:

Post a Comment